School gets rough when your favorite pup isn’t following you around with kisses. For all of those students that have a dog back home that they miss, or those students who just love dogs, it gets hard on campus when there isn’t an abundance of fluffy friends running around ready to play. Sure, there’s dog parks and beautiful summer days in the middle of February that lure in more of our furry friends onto campus, but it’s hard to enjoy these greatest aspects about dogs from a distance. Here are 7 reasons why dogs are simply the greatest:

1. The excitement when you come home
Walking into your dorm after a long day of class would be instantly better if your dog was there waiting to greet you. Nothing says I love you like being jumped on for 20 minutes.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

2. Constant reminders that you are your dog’s favorite human
Whenever you go home after being in school a while, your dog leaves the rest of your family high and dry and only pays attention to you. If you had a bad day, your dog is there to make it better in an instant.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

3. Unlimited kisses and hugs
Dogs and puppies are always ready to attack you with some furry love. They’ll never say no to a cuddle when you need it or an encouraging kiss to get you through whatever you need to do.

gif via TUMBLR

gif via TUMBLR

4. Being cheered on while you eat
It’s not often we get praise for accomplishing basic everyday tasks, but dogs are always ready. Eating some meatballs? It’s the perfect time for a nuzzle. Steak? Great time for a few licks. Potato chips? How about a happy bark in return. Sure, they might be using you to get to some dropped food, but it’s still a nice feeling.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

5. Tail wags
It can be hard to tell what people are thinking, but with a dog, it just takes a look at their tails. One little wag and you know that you and your best friend are having a great day together and that little fur ball couldn’t be happier.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

6. Best movie-watching buddies
Watching a dog-themed movie with your little dog can be stressful for your pup, but don’t worry because your dog will always be ready for what’s in store. So curl up on the couch and get ready for a great cuddle session while watching “101 Dalmatians.”

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY

7. Dogs are ready for anything
Snowing out? Too hot out? Feeling restless? No problem. Just grab your dog and take them on an adventure. Even the littlest of dogs are ready for anything you have in store.

gif via GIPHY

gif via GIPHY