Admittedly, I am not even close to being a vegan. However, since my boyfriend is very much a vegan, I basically hunt for vegan options in places that will also serve things I’ll enjoy (which is a true challenge). For the adventurous omnivore/vegan couples out there, here are some options for snacks and restaurants that are guaranteed to not disappoint:

Snacks
1. Oreos
Who would have guessed? Oreos are vegan and obviously beloved by anyone with taste buds. If you’re trying to compromise on delicious snacks to enjoy, this is an easy go-to option.

Ice Cream
There are two cool options here:

1. FoMu
This is an ice cream and baked goods place in Allston. Their ice cream is made with coconut milk, so they named it FoMu (like “faux moo” for fake milk). Their ice cream is probably the best I’ve ever had. I got Matcha White Chocolate Chip and my boyfriend has tried their Mint Chocolate Cookie and something with chili pepper in it. Besides their niche flavors for ice cream connoisseurs, they have chocolate and vanilla for the pickier ice cream lovers.

2. Ben and Jerry’s
Ben and Jerry’s makes flavors with almond milk! They have some great options like the fan-favorite Chocolate Fudge Brownie, but I prefer the OG Ben and Jerry’s (but at least I tried it).

Restaurants
Now for the restaurant portion. Helpful hint: most Asian restaurants can substitute tofu for meat, so they’ll have plenty of options for vegans.

Red Lantern
This Boston restaurant has avocado sushi, sweet potato sushi and even more elaborate rolls like their Green Monster Roll which has avocado, spinach, cucumber, green chili, and wasabi (warning: this roll is spicy and not for the faint of heart). They also have sorbet for dessert and great non-vegan options for the omnivores.

Bayberry Cafe
This restaurant is in Woburn, but it is loaded with vegan options. From curry to fried rice to soy protein prime rib, this place is sure to have options to please everyone.

Yard House
It is super close to BU since it’s in Fenway, and they have Gardein as a chicken substitute, so if your favorite vegan hasn’t had the joy of buffalo wings, take them here. Yard House will play the game on their TVs and serve up some very authentically flavored and textured boneless buffalo wings. They also have an orange chicken dish and several other options.

By Chloe
This one hasn’t opened in Boston yet, but it is coming to us this Thursday, Feb. 23 and you can bet I’ll be there immediately after it opens. Their menu in New York City looks insanely good and they’re tailoring their Boston location menus to Beantown, so I’m expecting some pretty bomb Boston-themed vegan food. Their menu is entirely vegan, so there is no worrying about picking something that’s cooked in the same oil as meat or accidentally reading over that your dish includes dairy.

There are plenty of vegan places if you Google “Vegan Options in Boston,” but these are the ones I have personally tried that are either all vegan or for omnivores with awesome vegan options. So, next time your vegan friends feel like a burden for their dietary restrictions or you’re frustrated thinking of places you’ll all enjoy, just remember there are plenty of places to please and appease both parties. Your favorite vegan will appreciate you very much for finding cool new options for them, too.