My dearest Late Night Kitchen,

I don’t normally do this kind of thing. It’s kind of embarrassing actually, but I feel as though it is time for me to confess my true feelings to you. I believe that you probably have had an inkling of the fact that I like you. You might have noticed that I always find excuses to be around you such as “I am out of meal swipes even though I am on the unlimited plan so I need to go to Late Night tonight,” and “Look, it’s already seven o’clock, which means the dining hall will be closing in two hours. It isn’t really worth going there if I barely have time to eat. I’ll just go to Late Night instead.” I really can’t help myself. I want you to know that my love for you is without parallel.

Your atmosphere has always been so warm to me. From the first time I walked into the room, with the soft chatter of people hungrily waiting for their meals and the city skyline painted onto the back wall in indigo, I knew that you were special. The aroma of crepes and french fries was so welcoming. I also want you to know how appreciative I am of the fact that you have always been there for me. Even when I feel as if I could collapse from starvation, I also am comforted by the knowledge that you will permanently be waiting with a warm hearth fired chicken parmesan baguette. Unless it is between the hours of 1 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Where would any of us be without Late Night Kitchen? photo via Public Domain Photos

I know we’ve had our problems. Even the strongest of loves has had minor tests of endurance. I know it can be hard when you see me with the Fresh Foods Company at Marciano Commons a lot, but you should not worry. Although they are good to me, we will never share the powerful connection that you and I have. It has not been entirely easy for me either. I will willingly admit that it was difficult for me when your staff forgot to bring me the quesadillas I ordered that one time. I was chilly and had not eaten for hours, but I waited anyways because Late Night Kitchen, you are worth it in every sense of the term. And when it was finally discovered that there was a little Styrofoam box waiting to be delivered to a girl who had never had much faith in university dining establishments before, I made the decision to forgive you, for I would rather have your slightly cold and soggy quesadillas in my life than none of your quesadillas at all.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that you have made me realize how amazing food can really be. In fact, I didn’t truly know what food was until we met. I would be willing to follow you to the ends of the earth with all of my dining dollars and convenience points. My complete and utter infatuation with you grows exponentially day by day. You leave me feeling full to the brim with love. And also chicken.

I love you with all of my heartburn,
Anna