Last night, the most acclaimed musical artists of our time got together at the 59th Annual Grammy Awards to celebrate music and reward those that have gone above and beyond this past year. The Grammys are always a great show to watch and this year was particularly amazing. There were new songs, tributes, beautiful outfits and many other surprises that kept everyone on their feet for the entire three-and-a-half hour event. Here are the highlights for those that missed the show:

1. Adele opens the show singing, “Hello,” which is later awarded this year’s Song of the Year, to the millions of people tuning in. Like always, her dress was gorgeous and her vocals are insane.

2. James Corden, this year’s host, fell down the stairs. On purpose. It was a funny opening, I must say.

3. Chance the Rapper won multiple awards, including Best New Artist and Best Rap Album. He later performed a few of his songs, and even brought out a choir to back him up. Definitely one of the best performances of the night.

4. The Weeknd and Daft Punk teamed up for a galactic show featuring their songs “Starboy” and “I Feel It Coming.” 

5. Twenty One Pilots celebrated their acceptance for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance by taking off their pants. Why? Years ago, they watched the Grammys from the couch in their underwear, and made a deal that if they ever won a Grammy Award, they would receive it in the same way. Respect.

6. Beyoncé slayed, all while being pregnant with twins. The effects were insane. 100,000/10. Definitely go watch it on YouTube, it is so worth it.

Beyonce slayed at this year's Grammy Awards. Photo via Wikimedia Commons.

Beyonce slayed at this year’s Grammy Awards. Photo via Wikimedia Commons.

7. Adele makes the Grammys start over again. During her tribute to George Michael singing “Fastlove,” Adele stopped singing and asked to start again because she messed up. “I can’t mess this up for him. I’m sorry, I can’t.” Don’t worry, Adele. Respect.

8. Ed Sheeran sings his new song “Shape of You.” The feels were real.

9. Maren Morris wins Best Country Solo Performance, and later performs with Alicia Keys and their outfits were on point.

10. James Corden and artists got together to sing “Sweet Caroline” with Neil Diamond himself.

11. Bruno Mars sang his new song “That’s What I Like,” a flirtatious song that made everyone in the audience get up on their feet and dance. Later on, he gave a tribute to Prince.

12. Demi Lovato, Tori Kelly, Andra Day and Little Big Town honor the Bee Gees in a killer tribute to celebrate the 40th anniversary of “Saturday Night Fever.” It was the best disco party ever.

13. Busta Rhymes, Anderson .Paak and A Tribe Called Quest paid tribute to late Tribe member Phife Dawg and performed “Can I Kick It” and “Movin Backwards.” They mocked President Donald Trump, calling him “President Agent Orange.”

14. Record of the Year goes to Adele for the one and only, “Hello.” She gives a shout out to Beyoncé, saying how much she has meant to her the past 17 years and that she wants her to be her “mommy.”

15. Adele is also awarded Album of the Year for her album “25.” At the verge of tears, Adele once again shows her utmost appreciation for Beyoncé. A great closing to a fabulous show.