Spring semester has begun and students are ready for a new start. However, we all know that one month later, with midterms and club commitments, stress levels will once again be at an all-time high. Even though I’m studying abroad in London, I’m still faced with tension arising from doing academic internships, obtaining a visa for all my travel plans and settling into a new country.

In the past, I, along with several others, often found solace in the popular 6-second videos on Vine. Vine was perfect because it didn’t require you to commit to a 5-minute-long video like YouTube does, but gave you a day’s worth of humor packed into a quick clip. When it was announced last year that Twitter intended on shutting down Vine, people were up in arms because they believed it would be the last time they would watch one of their favorite Vine videos. Well, good news — now you can find all your Vines on Twitter’s new Vine Archive website. Although this move doesn’t let users post any new videos, here are some reasons why creating the archive is a benefit to us all:

1. All Vines are sorted based on genre. 

Before this, if you hadn’t saved the link of your favorite video, it would be quite a task to find it again. Now that Vines are classified into sections like Animals, Weird and Sports, it will barely take you any time to find the Vine that had you crumbled up in laughter.

Even though the app has since shut down, Vine can still be appreciated through the Vine archive. Photo via Wikimedia Commons

2. Users can easily access their Vines. 

While users can no longer download their Vines, it is still just as easy to maneuver through all of their hard work on the Vine Archive website. Every Vine is labeled and classified by the creator’s name, date of upload and number of likes.

3. There is now a “Wall of Fame.” The most popular Vines are available in the Creator Spotlights section. This segment includes Vines with the most likes, loops, shares and re-Vines.

While the Vine as we knew it is gone, the Vine Archive website is a wonderful way to look back on the last three years of 6-second videos. The Vines are a lot more accessible, and they still contain the humor. The only people who would really have a problem with the shutting down of the app would the people who gained the pass to fame via Vine. However, at this point, their Vine resume should definitely help them find bigger and better projects down the road. If anything at all, people can still use social media like Instagram and YouTube to continue “Vine-ing.” After all, Snapchat videos have a 10-second limit, and the only requirement of a Vine is to keep it short and sweet.