Ah, Inauguration Day. It is the political version of spring cleaning for some, and the beginning of the apocalypse for others. At noon on Jan. 20, Donald Trump will be sworn into the most powerful office in the nation. While most of us will be in class during the day, at night we all will be reacting differently.

I have come up with a list of activities that everyone can do. 

If you need to have a healthy cry, you can bundle up and go for a long walk along the Charles River. You will probably find a random person to be your shoulder to cry on!

If you want to look at some beautiful paintings, the Museum of Fine Arts will be open until 10 p.m. You can look at Rembrandt’s Artist in his Studio and Grainstack (Sunset) by Monet.

Brookline Booksmith’s Used Book Cellar is always a fun archaeological shopping experience.  You can find a book to curl up with.  I recommend “All the King’s Men” by Robert Penn Warren or “It Can’t Happen Here” by Sinclair Lewis to get a glimpse into what happens when populism takes over.

If you want to laugh a little, Netflix has a wide variety of stand up comedy acts. I recommend all of John Mulaney’s comedy acts or Anthony Jeselnik’s “Thoughts and Prayers” if you are looking for some dark humor. Jim Jefferies’ “Bare” and “Freedumb” are also wonderful.

Speaking of Netflix, “The Shining,” “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” and season 1 of “A Series of Unfortunate Events” all have just been released.

Who knows what Donald Trump will choose to say this Friday at this year's Inauguration? PHOTO via FLIKR USER GAGE SKIDMORE

Who knows what Donald Trump will choose to say this Friday at this year’s Inauguration? PHOTO via FLIKR USER GAGE SKIDMORE

Walking the Freedom Trail through downtown Boston is always a fun walk (but remember to bundle up). Going to the North End for some Italian food and pastries while walking the stone pathways is always relaxing.

This Inauguration Day, I will be going on a few walks, reading a book or two and hanging out with friends like I do most Fridays. I don’t think I will watch the live stream or TV reports during the day. It’s not out of disrespect for the president-elect, but because I think I will be doing something better, such as going on a long walk.

This upcoming presidency is an unanswerable series of questions. Will it be great? Or will it be looked upon with wide eyes and a shaking head in the future? But right now what matters is the present. Be happy that you have a day to spend with classmates, friends and family. Jan. 20 will go down in history, but we should remember that it is just a day.