Everyone knows about the awkwardly short period between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the pinnacle of the holiday season. These few weeks are infamous for one thing and one thing only: food. The amount of food the average person consumes between Turkey Day and Christmas Eve is unprecedented. Between Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, leftovers I brought back to my dorm and Christmas goodies, the freshman 15 is becoming more and more of a reality.

As college students who are consumed with school work and surrounded by dining halls, it’s hard to keep track of our health habits, and that’s understandable. It’s hard to count calories while simultaneously scarfing down a slice of pizza and studying before your next class. Not to mention, this crazy weather makes the trek to FitRec less and less favorable. But, there are some things even we preoccupied pupils can do to stay in shape and keep off those dreaded pounds. Here are five little workouts you can do to keep your body from crashing this food-ridden holiday season:

1. Homework break workouts

Get yourself out of that foggy homework haze by taking breaks from homework power sessions every 30 minutes. Instead of eating a bag of chips or taking a fruitless nap, use this break to get your blood pumping with a quick workout. Play a few of your favorite high-energy songs and during each one, and alternate workouts. See how many squats you can fit in during The Weeknd’s “Starboy,” or how many jumping jacks you can bang out during Beyoncé’s “Ring the Alarm.” Not only will you be burning a few calories, but the quick cardio will also send chemicals to your brain and heighten everything from motivation to memory.

2. Calf raises

Whether it’s standing in line at Rhett’s or waiting for an Uber, there are plenty of moments where you’re just standing still. Since the rest of your day is probably spent hustling about without a second to breathe, use this time effectively! Calf raises are an inconspicuous workout you can do literally anywhere. All you have to do is raise up onto your tip toes as many times as you can. Your calves will thank you later.

3. Walk to class

The random rain showers and eminent snow may make it difficult to be outside all of the time, but as long as it’s not below freezing and Commonwealth Avenue isn’t slick with ice patches, try to walk to class instead of taking the BU Shuttle or the T. If you give yourself enough time, just that little bit of physical activity will keep your body moving. Bye bye Thanksgiving turkey weight. Christmas cookies, come at me.

4. Take the stairs

gif via SPIN.com

gif via SPIN.

Another way to build some cardio into your day is by taking the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator. It’s just another little thing to keep away stagnation and in the long run, it will burn off that freshman 15 and any additional pounds the holiday season will bring. Not to mention how great your legs and booty will look after a few flights.

5. Dance parties

What better way to celebrate the end of the week, or even the end of the day (it’s all about the little victories, am I right?) than a dance party! Blast some music in your dorm, get some friends together and dance the night away. If you’re sweating a lot, you’re doing it right. No need to feel guilty about the holiday goodies making their way to your plate if you’re burning it all off with each shimmy.