For all the bookworms out there, this past Saturday was the annual Boston Book Festival at Copley Square. With author talks, book signings and street food galore, the Boston Public Library was packed with all kinds of book lovers and writers. This free event lasted the whole day and was filled with tons of fun literary things to do.

Local publishers traveled to Boston for this annual festival showcasing literature's best talents. PHOTO BY KARISSA PERRY/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF.

Local publishers traveled to Boston for this annual festival showcasing literature’s best talents. PHOTO BY KARISSA PERRY/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF.

1. All of New Englands local publishers came together in one place.

From the locally renowned Boston Globe to publishing companies from Rhode Island and New Hampshire, there were tons of indie and established publishers just outside the library. Those who attended were able to browse through their current publications and get more info on the publishing process.

2. The street food and live music was lit.

In addition to the cafes inside the library, this years food trucks and street food had people lining up to grab a bite. Bon Me and Roxys Grilled Cheese were just a few of the popular choices available. What made it even better was the live music playing right outside where people could eat, listen and take a break from the festival.

3. Authors came out for keynotes and book signings.

The whole day was packed with various speakers and presentations by authors. The best part was that every genre from young adult to poetry to even dogs in literature were represented. The audience was even able to ask authors questions about some of their favorite books. After the talk was over, the authors stayed to sign their books and talk with fans.

Attendees pass by a vendor booth at the Boston Book Festival on Saturday. PHOTO BY KARISSA PERRY/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF.

4. There were some great deals on books and BBF merchandise.

Of course, the festival would not be complete without tons of opportunities to stock up on books at a reasonable price. Brattle Book Shop had racks of books to purchase for under $5, and a lot of vendors offered free stuff at their booths. In addition, attendees could get really cool BBF merch such as tote bags, shirts and pins.

5. There were plenty of opportunities for creative writers.

A lot of the independent publishing companies gave advice to potential writers and there were opportunities to sign up for free and paid writing workshops in the Boston area. In addition, if people got there early, they could participate in workshops alongside published authors, practice their hand at creative writing and get feedback.