It has now been about six weeks since I’ve left the comfort of my home in Los Angeles and settled into my new territory. Fortunately, I’m loving Boston — a lot more than I expected to. Despite my avid admiration with Beantown, however, I’ve noticed myself having some particularly recurring thoughts that many West Coasters have experienced. Behold, here are 16 of the most prominent thoughts I’ve had here at BU:
1. Can’t a girl just wear Uggs without being judged?
2. Bean boots? What are those?
3. Dunkin’ is alright, but I miss Coffee Bean.
4. Okay, okay. I’ll try out Dunkin’ again. Nope, this menu is too overwhelming.
5. Is it safe to cross yet? It doesn’t technically say so but they’re doing it.
6. No one knows what “sus” means! (It means you’re shady.) Or SMH. I’m SMH.
7. Where can I get a good wax around here?
9. No, I’m not going home for Thanksgiving.
10. In-n-Out animal fries would be so good right now.
11. Why do I keep getting evil stares when I say I can’t wait for snow?
12. It is 60 degrees and freezing!
13. Why is everyone walking so fast?
14. OMG, this place has acai.
15. It’s pronounced ah-sah-yee. You’ve never tried it?
16. This brick wall would be so cute for Instagram.