When I go to brunch, I always sway between the same few dishes. These dishes are staples — no, cornerstones — of not only my meal, but also my life. OK, that might have been a bit dramatic, but I love brunch. I really do. I love it like I love green juice and when dogs walk on the street with their owners and naturally come up to me.

I also don’t get too fancy. No Bloody Mary’s (until I’m legal) or cute yogurt parfaits (which aren’t worth $14). For me, it’s always between an eggs Benedict (with lox, of course) and a classic plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and home fries.

While my brunch adventures have been few and, quite honestly, nonexistent compared to a friend who goes every weekend like it’s her religion, here are a few of my favorite spots.

1. Tatte Bakery and Café

1003 Beacon St., Brookline

Monday–Friday: 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Saturday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Sunday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.

If we’re talking about brunch, it’s almost a given that Tatte’s on the list. While I’ve never been to Tatte during their brunch hours (only because crowds of Patagonia-wearing yoga enthusiasts terrify me), I’ve been there a few times during the “off” hours. Even at 2 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon, Tatte is relatively busy. However, their shakshuka and yummy pastries are so worth it. Also, everything is so Instagram-able in there!

Tatte Bakery & Cafe is a staple of the Boston landscape. PHOTO BY SARAH SILBIGER/ DAILY FREE PRESS STAFF.

2. Stephanie’s on Newbury 

190 Newbury St., Back Bay

Monday–Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. – 12 a.m.

Thursday–Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 1 a.m.

Saturday: 9 a.m. – 1 a.m.

Sunday: 9 a.m. – 11 p.m.

Let me start off by saying that I’m not the biggest fan of the food at Stephanie’s. Brunch is usually crowded and lunch has always been mediocre at best. If I’m being frank, their Classic Caesar Salad is one of the worst I’ve ever tried. So why is it on the list? Location. It’s located in the heart of beautiful Newbury Street, which adds more novelty to the whole concept of brunch. The outdoor seating (albeit a bit crammed) makes the overpriced apple juice almost worth it. There’s something about sitting outside a bustling street and eating breakfast food that makes it so delightful. If you’re looking for a picturesque brunch experience, Stephanie’s is the place to go.

3. The Breakfast Club

270 Western Ave., Allston

Monday–Friday: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.

Saturday–Sunday: 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.

This is no Stephanie’s on Newbury. Forget dainty metal chairs and mimosas made with Grey Goose. This is your traditional American-fare diner with a nod to the kitschy-coolness of the ‘80s. If you’re in the mood for good pancakes and black coffee without the frills, this is your place. Just expect the line to be out the door on the weekend.

4. Eastern Standard

528 Commonwealth Ave., Boston

Monday–Sunday: 7 a.m. – 2 a.m.

Honestly, I love this place. It’s become a go-to for when my mom is in town. The interior gives off a cozy and welcoming atmosphere that makes waking up early on the weekend completely worth it. Both the eggs and pancakes at Eastern Standard are amazingly fluffy, something I appreciate. (It’s almost unreal how fluffy they are.) Also, I live right across the street, so I find it hard to go anywhere else. Essentially, Eastern Standard does simple very well.