By Lucas Williams, Staff Writer
@lucaswhatevs

Anicee Lamoreaux, a talented 11-year-old girl who also suffers from brittle bone disease, recently donated $100,000 from selling her paintings to a children's hospital./PHOTO VIA Wikimedia Commons

Anicee Lamoreaux, a talented 11-year-old girl who also suffers from brittle bone disease, recently donated $100,000 from selling her paintings to a children’s hospital./PHOTO VIA Wikimedia Commons

Adults beware: the youth are getting more talented. 11-year-old Anicee Lamoreaux sold two pieces of art for $50,000 at a Children’s Hospital Colorado Gala. What’s more is that Anicee, ambassador for the Children’s Hospital Colorado, donated all of the money she received to the Hospital. What have you accomplished today?

What makes Anicee’s case so unique is that she has osteogenesis imperfecta, commonly known as brittle bone disease. Anicee was adopted from Belize by two parents who also had OI and wanted to give her proper care. Because of Anicee’s OI, two metal rods were inserted along Anicee’s arms in order to reinforce them and straighten them out.

Painting is already hard enough for most people, and having metal rods can only make it more difficult. Anicee, however, defies circumstance like the true artist she is, and paints pictures that are well worth their price.

Selling her pictures isn’t the most exciting thing Anicee has done either. She’s met Hillary Clinton and my heroine, Michelle Obama. In all seriousness, this girl can paint — this isn’t some little league preschool finger-painting we’re talking about. In fact, Anicee has pictures on display in the Colorado Capital Building and The White House. It shouldn’t be too long until Anicee’s name is known from coast to coast.

If you’re interested in purchasing Anicee’s artwork, be prepared to shell out some cash. Her originals go for $500 to $5,000 and prints range from $50 to $100. It may be a bit pricey, but one look at Anicee’s art will convince you it’s more worthy hanging above a mantle rather than stuck on the kitchen fridge.

She’s a prodigy in the making. And her tale of triumph over her disease should inspire the world to get out of bed everyday and do their best, even if they’ll never be as successful as a little girl with a passion to paint.