By Elly Hu, Staff Writer
@xoellyy

While Coolidge Corner is known for its small town-like atmosphere and having one of Boston’s non-profit theaters, you’d soon realize it’s a culture-savvy block with restaurants of all kinds open for business. This week’s location lets you hang out freely while still enjoying the many sights and sounds of Beacon Street and Harvard Avenue.

Location 3: Temptations Cafe (1350 Beacon St., Brookline, Mass.)

A family business that has expanded to serving three different locations in Boston and Brookline (with the closest one being on the block next to the St. Mary’s Street stop on the Green C Line), Temptations Cafe is a great place for not only your lattes, but your appetite as well.

Temptations Cafe was surprisingly busy on Columbus Day, but has a great atmosphere for studying or catching up on work./PHOTO BY Elly Hu

Although it was around lunch time, I didn’t expect there to be as many people as there were on a Monday. Granted, it was on Columbus Day (when not many schools are in session), however, there was a variety of people from students not in classes to elders enjoying lunch, working people and younger children as well.

While the store was small, they took advantage of any and every space, and it provided seats for majority of the patrons inside. Many were like myself, doing work next to a big mug of caffeine, but many others were there for Temptations Cafe’s signature sandwiches and salads. The menu, which was written on large chalkboards, brought personality and comfort into the atmosphere. The centerpiece of the room were three large circular light fixtures that hung from the ceiling, while upbeat and smooth 90’s music throwbacks played in the background that further make Temptations Cafe a lovely place for work and a great meal.

A banana and nutella./PHOTO BY Elly Hu

A banana and nutella./PHOTO BY Elly Hu

What I ordered: While I tried to keep my drink under $3, I ultimately chose a cortado and an amazing blueberry muffin, whose sweetness complemented my dark roast drink. My friends who came along also got delicious treats — one, a cinnamon toast crunch latte (a reccommendation made by the cashier girl) and a nutella and banana sweet temptation.

The latte was a heavenly milky and cinnamon concoction that will be incredible in the coming cold weather. The sweet temptation was essentially nutella and banana between thick and fluffy panini-style grilled slices of bread, topped with powdered sugar. While I didn’t get to order a sweet temptation myself this time, I know that’s the first thing I’ll do when I return.