By Katrina Uy, Blog Editor
@katreenz

Okay, BU. We’ve made it. It’s Friday and we’ve officially survived the first week of classes. Give yourself a high five, you deserve it. Then sit back and enjoy this incredibly witty ad that Ikea came up with for their 2015 catalog, presented in the form of an Apple commercial parody.

“You know, once in a while, something comes along that changes the way we live. A device so simple and intuitive, using it feels almost familiar,” explains Jorgen Eghammer, Ikea’s “chief guru designer.” He speaks to someone off-camera, in a way that is reminiscent of Apple’s Jony Ive. “Introducing the 2015 Ikea catalog. It’s not a digital book, or an e-book. It’s a book book.”

With features that make it easy to use, such as an “eternal” battery life, “pre-installed content,” and – dare I say it – no lag, who wouldn’t want one?

In an age where we have become so addicted to our tech essentials that unplugging from social media feels like going through withdrawal and induces awe from strangers and friends, the ad pokes fun at Apple’s infamously over-the-top product release commercials while drawing attention to something much more simple and ordinary: a furniture catalog.

Maybe it’s the former English major in me showing, but I can’t help but think that Ikea’s ad is sort of a nod to books and other forms of print media. What ever happened to using actual bookmarks — not hitting CTRL + D, I mean physically sticking a strip of plastic in between the pages of something you want to go back to (or dog-earing a page if you’re a vicious human being)?

The video already has over 1 million views, and with brilliant jokes like “if you want to share a particularly inspiring item, you literally share it,” I have no doubt that it will soon go viral.

Have fun, internet. Then go flip through a magazine or read a book.